1. Set up your work station correctly eg: desk, chair, computer position.
2. Take regular work breaks: at least every 30 minutes or a maximum of 45 minutes continuous work time.
3. Perform ‘Break’ exercises in two ways: First go for a walk around the office or study area and Second perform specific neck and back exercises.
4. Buy a headset if you talk on the phone alot. This will stop you from tipping your head sideways for long periods of time.
5. Place all commonly used desk objects such as paper, pens, stapler, mouse etc within easy reach.
6. Be involved in regular exercise in your spare time so that you are physically fit to cope with the requirements of sitting.
7. Don’t ignore aches and pains. The faster you attend to these the quicker they will resolve.
8. Don’t sit with your legs crossed or with your foot under your bottom.